Malta Association of Occupational Therapists (MAOT)
The M.A.O.T. provides a national and international platform for occupational therapists through, maintaining high standards of professionalism and practice, further education, promoting and unifying the profession. Our strategies for implementing the Mission Statement are:
- Provides a national and international platform for occupational therapist through, maintaining high standards of professionalism and practice -through the continued growth and development of the association e.g. membership, role, etc.
- Further education – study mornings, publications including foreign literature
- Promoting and unifying the profession – attendance to meetings/ conferences, involvement inter/intra professional activities, disseminating of information, membership drive, social activities, fund raising, being part of OT education committee.
The M.A.O.T. aims at leading the profession forward in current trends and issues, developing closer liaison with other local/foreign professional associations, NGO’s and others; setting up of special interest groups and upholding of ethics.
Strategies for Implementing the Vision Statement:
- Leading the profession forward in current trends and issues – keeping a breast with latest development.
- Developing closer liaisons with other local foreign professional associations, NGO’s and others – maintaining and expanding contact with various bodies.
- Setting up of special interest groups – identification of key persons to facilitate the establishment of the specialised groups.
- Upholding of ethics – provides guidance and counselling in ethical matters.